TRAIN YOUR "GO FAST" MUSCLES HERE
This is exactly what it sounds like. No gimmicks, no BS. Do you want to become the best version of yourself? Kick ass on the playing field? Or just flat out WIN EVERY SINGLE THING? CA Performance is programed for exactly that. These sessions are HARD, there is no skirting this fact. It will push your limits, physically, mentally, and emotionally. As with everything here in the CA, technique and safety are our first focus. Quality always comes before quantity.
BEFORE YOU CAN GO FASTER, YOU NEED TO REBUILD YOUR ENGINE AND STRENGTHEN YOUR FRAME
Helping athletes get faster and stronger is what we do. And we are very, very good at it.
We know that before you can run like the wind, you need to be able to move - with strength. This means analyzing your form, from how you look while moving to how you stop. This gives us a ton of information on what you do well and where we can tweak things to unleash your inner superhero.
These sessions are 90 minutes long. There is a heavy emphasis on power development. This comes from barbell usage, kettlebells, and bodyweight. Conditioning work consists of both low impact, and high impact training as well as skill development (footwork) which is designed to not only challenge your conditioning level, but to develop the skills that will help you perform your best on game or race day.
In order to ensure that performance goals are met our groups are kept small. This way we can monitor technique effectively and insure safe application of progressive overload. The outline of the CA Performance program consists of:
Dynamic warm-up: (30 minutes)
- Flexibility: foam rolling, static stretching, & dynamic flexibility
- Movement Prep: corrective exercise & mobility -- full range of motion and movement proficiency
Strength & Power Development: (30 minutes)
- Power: linear/lateral plyometric, Olympic lifting, Weightlifting
- Strength: multi-joint movements, accommodating resistance, & progressive overload
Conditioning: (30 minutes)
- Interval Training: high Intensity, low intensity, acceleration & deceleration, endurance based
- Energy Systems: sports specific conditioning
- Nutritional Guidelines: tips & nutritional information
ROWING FOR FITNESS
LET US SHOW YOU A WORKOUT THAT USES 85% OF YOUR LEAN MUSCLE MASS WITH EVERY REP. FOR 45 MINUTES AT A CLIP.
Rowing for Fitness is a program designed as a foundational development program to teach you how to use the ergometer (rowing machine) correctly. So as to make sure you are injury free. It is a 45 minute long, high intensity class, with tastefully stolen concepts from a typical spin class. There are great tunes, a fun yet driven class spirit, and excited highly experienced instructors. Rowing is a low/no impact, cardiovascular, muscle building, and toning exercise using up to 85% of your lean muscle mass.
CONTEMPORARY ATHLETE INDOOR ROWING (CAir)
NOT YOUR AVERAGE SPIN CLASS
These classes are hard. Really hard. For a reason. CAiR is my passion. It’s the love child of my devotion to the CA and my countless drive to bring you the best. This class operates on a programmed, progression based format. The classes are 90 minutes long with very clear training guidelines. The goal is to get stronger, and faster, and this comes from consistency, intensity, and applicable rest periods.
I want EVERYBODY to row. Here are just a few reminders as to why rowing kicks ass:
- It’s freakin’ awesome!
- It uses all of your muscle groups, pretty much at the same time.
- Aerobic fitness is not only a side effect, rowing turns you into a cardiovascular monster.
- It’s proven to burn more calories than cycling (That means more bacon! #baconfast)
- Did I say it’s freakin’ awesome?
- CA is the premiere indoor rowing facility in the capital district. So why would you go someplace else?